Thursday, March 27, 2008

Riding in Michigan

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful here. It was fifty degrees, so I didn't even need to put on a pair of longjohns. I went out and got on my bike and it started right up. I have a tiny battery and since the apartment I live in is on the fourth floor, it is not possible for me to run a trickle charger.

What I end up doing instead is to carry a car charger strapped to my sissy bar. It's not a great answer, but I enjoy riding in cold weather and don't enjoy being stranded since I ride solo so much.

I didn't get very far out of town, but really enjoyed just leaning back and cruising. The sun was warm and I enjoyed just the feeling of the sun on my face.

The day before had ended up sucking royally and I didn't feel well enough to roll out of bed sooner. Boy did I regret that as soon as I walked outside.

Five hours south, that is all I have to get is five hours south and I can ride and ride and ride without it being cold. It's warm enough down in Cinci to ride today. Hmm, maybe I should work my way down right after next Friday when I can enjoy being free for a week or so.

Happy trails, Marty

No comments: