Friday, April 11, 2008

Great Riding until it rained hard, sigh

Got home last night. We made it. Whoohoo. We tied the trailer to the top of the Grand Am, shoulda got a pic. I streaked across Michigan and part of Illinois.I got to where I just wanted out of the car. LOL Matt told me that we are really getto because I had the guts to tie the trailer on the top of the car. We thought about telling Berta that we had done it, but decided that we didn't want her to worry. big grin. She figured it out when we got home and she said, "If you had broken the glass out of teh back window I would have been pissed. Hmm, she had a point. I'm more broke than usual. LOL

Here's a pic of me & the best grandbabies in the world.








Here I am with my nephew and niece. Cute little buggers aren't they?









Here is mom & dad with the gk's.










And here are Steve and Mandy with the kids.






We try really hard to be a conventional family and take only nice pics. Usually we can get one good pic if we promise to take a fun one later.

Today was a good day. I went to a luncheon with ladies from the church. While I was gone the people who hand out the Watchtower left a note on my door. See, I told ya it was a good day, I was gone. LOL

Then after the luncheon, I went by to return the car to Berta, got my luggage from the trip yesterday, and then retrieved the motorcycle. Whoohoo. It was a great day. What a ride. I didn't really go anywhere, but I rode around. And Around. And Around. What joy.

Then at 9Pm I went to the kids to pick up my m/c cover and got caught in a torrential downpour. It was one hard ass rain. It was raining so hard it hurt. I wished I had grabbed my full face helmet. It stopped pretty quick but I was drenched. Ya know, I can't move from here. All the little old ladies and little old men wouldn't have anything to do. There would be no amusement for them.

There's a workshop at church that I would like to do tomorrow, but the weather doesn't look good. That darn storm that is coming across the midwest is heading this way and they are predicting snow. I don't like to ride in snow, even if it won't stick around for very long.

Gotta go, have a delightful night.

Happy trails, Marty


I also worked on a workshop and a plenary that I am presenting on Sunday, Hope that Rocks and Things you put in a recovery toolbox. I need to work on them some more, but I got started.

No comments: