Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The weathers been crappy, f'in hey

This week, I have been in Grand Rapids and then in Lansing. Did I mention that the weather has been absolutely crappy? I mean it has rained and spit snow off and on for over four days now. I didn't take the Vulcan, but damn, I am close enough that I could go home to get it if the weather would just clear up.

It's April, I am so ready to ride, even if I am still buying bike parts to replace the cracked and broken ones from the January slide.

I bought new bags, new sissy bar, and I am working on getting some new turn signals, new relays, and I think the repair will stop there. I could use a new tank, but I think I will bide my time and find one used later on this year.

I am thinking about buying a new bike, but haven't done so yet.

I really hope that it clears as I need to go home next week for my father's 80th birthday celebration. I would love to ride there. I so need to ride. I so, so need to ride.

Am I ever going to be able to cruise again? Am I ever going to be able to tour again? If not, am I just in love with the idea of touring? Personally, I think that would make me a freaking wimp and I hate to be thought of as a wimp.

I so need to get the heck away. All the way away. Miles and miles away. Far, far away.

I don't think I am courageous, just filled with wanderlust. Lots and lots of wanderlust. I don't have an atlas with me so I can't futher plan out either the perimeter tour or the route 66 trip. I always get cabin fever in April and this month because of the weather, my attitude is worse than usual.

My friends who are going to sail on Georgian Bay this summer are closing the house in a couple of weeks and then will set sail before May 31st. Right now, I think that sounds cold, at least to me.

Have a happy day, my battery is dying. Marty

No comments: