Saturday, May 5, 2007

May 4, 07

It's been a while since I have posted. I have lots of reflections.

On the trip to DC that I posted about, I stayed at a Marriott Hotel. I had some luggage that was going with me over to the office and asked for them to call a taxi. Instead, since the limo was sitting empty, they sent me over in it.

I didn't get a long enough ride, LOL, but it was longer than it was supposed to be as the driver got hopelessly lost, had to backtrack and I sat back listening to the music.

Since I posted last, I used my parents house as a home base, went home, home to see my grandkids for a couple of weeks. Is this the right thing to be doing at this point in their lives? I'm not sure.

The trailer that I bought (My Blue Heaven) is still at my parents house. I have had problems with both a hitch and a liscense plate. Both can be straightened out, but I decided to back off and take a look at the problem from a distance.

Dropped by my brothers house and we had a wonderful chance to talk. We really don't know each other. I left home when he was seven, made my parents upset, was handed several precious antiques to haul around the world with me and toted them to Germany, Oklahoma, Michigan, etc. Now they are in storage. I have been back a couple of times, but because of htings that have happened, haven't had the best relationship.

We talked about our parents. Our lives. That kind of thing.

I started back on the road yesterday. It was sprinkling rain when I left, but by the time I got to Macon, Missouri, it was nothing but sunshine and blue skies. It was a beautiful day to just cruise and that is what I chose to do, riding first through the rocky bluff areas that surround the Mississippi River near where I spent the last six years I was at home, through some flat prairie lands, then on to rolling hills dotted with cows, some sheep, and a few hogs.

I was headed over to Saint Jo, but decided to stop in Cameron. I stopped for gas and decided that it looked like it was a nice little town to stop in. I rode around it for a bit and found a place to stay.

My body is a little stiff this morning as I it has been a while since I rode with a load and I have to get back in shape.

Today is looking like I can't pack my raingear away. Bummer. LOL

I don't mind riding in the rain, but decided to not go with a full face helmet for the summer as it was just too hot. That means that the rain can batter my face a bit if it is falling hard. I can always slow down to lessen the force and sometimes choose to.

I am headed over to Lewis and Clark state park to camp tonight. I will enjoy it greatly.

Happy Trails, Marty

No comments: