Thursday, February 1, 2007

Baton Rouge, whooohooo 32

Tonight I got a chance to just present, the first opportunity the trip. Everyone was great. It was a fun group and a fun presentation. I need to buy a card reader so I can get the pic off of my camera.

When I was trying to lighten and refine my load, I left a number of things that weren't working out electronically at Teri's house, but have not had time to get replacements. So until I get the card reader, there will be no pics on here.

I wanted to start keeping track of the number of people I have presented to this trip, but I am not sure who to count and who not to count. I had a great group of people in that training in Memphis, but do I count them? It was a training, not a presentation so I kind of don't know.

Well, I am interested in the numbers so I am going to count them. I will keep the tab, when it goes up in the title line. So tonight makes it 18 (from Memphis) plus 14 (I think, I really have to start counting up people) which brings the total to 32.

Hmm I really need to get out and present more. Add more later.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. I got to stay with overnight with someone who knows the area. That is always great as the locals can tell you so much more about where to go. Also, I got an invite to the Mardi Gras Parade in Baton Rouge. A front row seat. Woohoo. Who knew that I had scheduled myself to be in New Orleans during Mardi Gras time? How cool is that? (Actually, it occurred to me that if I don't actually know when Mardi Gras is, I probably need to get out more.)


Here are the pics that Wendy sent me from when we were on the Natchez Trace. I am afraid that if I don't put them here, you might not scroll down and enjoy them. The tent is classic. Well, that didn't work, let me try something different.


Above, Paul and I are standing on the Old Trace. Not the Sunken Old Trace, but the Old Trace by Grindstone Ford.

Here is a pic of Paul and Wendy. And as you can see in the next picture, Wendy and I are showing you where to go.

Here is a shot of Paul and I looking off Mangum Mound with their camper in the background. Happy Trails, Marty

No comments: