Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Lazing Around Day

February 5, 2007

I had a really hard time getting moving this morning. At the same time, it was really great that the gosh darn vehicles weren’t getting me up continually throughout the night. Of course, after two nights of that I can understand just why I felt that tired. LOL

I get up late, do some laundry again and surf the net. I also worked on my resume some for the position of CC Director. I think I will have some competition so I am not just listing everything, but explaining just what it means. It should only take a few more lightyears to get the thing finished.

Anyway, I finally decide to roll out of the park around 2:30 and go to see if I can find a library with some plugs or some place like that where the Internet will be faster.

I find the library and then head on over to Books A Million as it is supposed to be a nice day tomorrow.

Who do I see at BAM, but Paul! LOL He is reading while Wendy is surfing the goodies. I order a tea and sit down to read up on NOLA. It sounds exciting, but my problem is parking. After Baton Rouge, I am not so trusting. I decide to take a cruise downtown tomorrow and see what it is like.

It is time to leave and I have to get a move on or the gate will be locked on me and I don’t have a flashlight.

I am thrilled with being at Tickfaw State Park. I will return in about four years. (After 2 years on the road with the bike and a couple of years of sailing around). The Louisiana State Parks are doing what they wanted to do. To stop those of us on the way to other places in such a way that we want to stop and spend our monies here for a bit.

Even if the state barely breaks even on my camping as I get to pay half price to use the sites as I have a disability, it just frees up some of my cash to spend somewhere else in the state.

I think I am going to continue to look for a trailer and a generator. Grin.

Happy trails, Marty

No comments: