Monday, February 5, 2007

Tickfaw State Park-Saturday

Did I mention before that I have decided to stay here for a few days? I am trying to recover from the constant travel and it is a pretty central location. Also there is a good possiblity of their being a decent bookstore and library a few miles down the road.

Saturday February 3, 2007

Saturday we pretty much just hung around and enjoyed the park. We went to the movie on mammals and to the live animal show. There are pics that will be posted later when I get a card reader. Some of the animals were great and I hadn’t seen some of them before.

Now if I could just remember some of the names.

After the show Paul went out to do some birding on the boardwalk. Neither Wendy nor I are avid birders. We went back to their motorhome to share some conversation since it will be one of the last. They are moving on tomorrow.

We decided to share a campfire and have somemores. I am so addicted to them, I am grateful that the fixins for somemores are not in the area very often. I love the sweet-gooey-chocolatey taste entirely too much.

It is cold out. By 7:30 it is bone-numbing cold. Most of the park campers end up going to bed early. Then it starts. The trucks and cars fire up as people go sit in them to get warm.

I find it incredibly irritating as I am not able to do that and they don’t care if they wake me up. I sleep fitfully throughout the night.

No comments: