Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday February 22

Ok, it's 6 AM and I am up and in the shower. The fog doesn't seem to be lifting, but I really don't do cold water on any given morning. I get up and start to unpack. I realize that I should have done that last night as my bag must have sat out in the open on the tarmac somewhere as my bag is totally soaked along with about 4 inches of wet clothes.

I spread the wet clothes around the room and put the clothes on that I wore yesterday. At least I have my toothbrush and toothpaste. Steve's suitcase went missing yesterday and he doesn't have much at all. I hope the breakfast is going to be good.

Wow, it was. Eggs and sausage. Potatoes, fruit, smoothies, juices, etc. How awesome is that? What a change from yesterday mornings toast breakfast.

We start to set up and I start to get nervous. I love to train, but this is not a training that I have done a lot and I love to nail trainings with no mistakes or problems. My part of the trainings, not anyone elses. Each and every training, I plan on going in, being at my best, being what trainees need me to be that will help them relax and learn, etc. I know that this one will be a great training, my intuition tells me so (as Rob about that intuition think I try to use, more about it on Sunday) but I am still nervous as I haven't turned one of this type of training that is up to my normal standards yet.

Steve and I are paired up for training groups and then we break down still farther into smaller groups for practice.

Things go well and my group is absolutely full of the most awesome people that I could ever hope to meet. We have a lot of fun with the role playing and take our time as I beat them up making them run a group for the first three exercises instead of just letting them do the part of the exercise they are supposed to be practicing on. It means that others finish ahead of me, but the importance of sticking to the agenda and focusing on the priniciples can't be stressed enough, at least in my book.

I am really enjoying this training. It is going well.

I keep hearing about this Kathy Flaherty. What's up with that? She must really walk on water. Or two inches above it. grin

Happy trails, Marty

No comments: