Thursday, March 22, 2007

Monday, March 19, 2007

I didn't make OKC, but I am close. I am getting in a better cruise mode, which is different than puddle jumping. LOL When one is in a cruise mode, anything is close and all rides are just that, rides, with no particular destination in mind. You have a general idea where you want to end up, but not just when.

Just when is always at the mercy of the weather, somewhat anyway.

I am enjoying the riding and am happy that things are happening the way that they are, but the weather front is going to cause me some problems. I can't move over the way that I would like. There is a line of thunderstorms ahead of me if I don't hole up for a day. I decide to move on into OKC and try to catch up on some of the business that I need to conduct.

I am always meeting some neat people on the road. There is a guy who asks to sit on my bike as he just bought one and is uncomfortable when riding it. It has a lot better set-up than mine does. My bike however, is set up to be more comfortable. I have a bag that sits on the seat that I can lean back against and it has taken me more than a couple of days to learn just where to set the bag to optimize my comfort and it's effectiveness.

The guy makes me grin. Bikers are such a diverse, interesting group of people.

I plan to head out early tomorrow to see how the weather is in OKC.

No comments: