Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sunday March 18, 2007

Today I took off for Laredo, planning to stay there for a few days. I almost got to Laredo when I got in contact with the man who is selling me a motorcycle trailer and decided to head up to where the trailer is located.

It feels really good to just be riding, riding, riding. I lean back, relax and decide to see just what I am made off. I end up stopping in Cotulla. I lean back and smile and run the weather. Hmm. Not great weather, but I think I can work with it.

Working with the weather while riding on a bike is a lot easier than it used to be. If you have a computer with you, you can log onto weather.com and get an hourly forcast for towns that you are planning on riding through. This can help you plan when to leave, when the weather will be the best, etc.

I find that I love to kick back and ride, just cruise along the road. You can't really let your mind wander off of the road, but you can relax and let your mind just kind of roll along while you concentrate on the road. I choose to do this.

There is a pretty neat site for women who ride their own bikes. http://www.ridemyown.com/

And off of that site I found a motorcycle forum that is for ladies who tour. I thought that it would be women who soso tour, but it seems that most tour either with other women from their motorcycle groups or, tour with their husbands. That's OK of course, but I was hoping for a couple of women who were doing some lengthy solo tours. Here's the link if you are interested. http://forums.delphiforums.com/ladycruiser/messages

tomorrow I am moving on toward Oklahoma City. I am confused about our training schedule. I have tried to call about it, but it seems that there is a huge miscommunication going on and I have no idea what it is. I smile and think about buying a bottle of wine out of respect for the other person who is way overwhelmed right now and sitting down for a few moments while I am on the way home. It's pretty much on the way, LOL.

Happy Trails, Marty

No comments: