Friday, March 30, 2007

Thursday March 21, 2007

Today I got up and started to pack my back when I got a call. I do get to go to Saint Louis to do the training. Whoohoo. I can't help it. I just like to train.

So I am riding the rest of the way to Saint Louis today. Once again the forcast is for thunderstorms, but by the time I am up and out the door, it doesn't look like that will happen. It is beautiful weather, just beautiful. Perfect riding weather, great temps, etc.

The ride was just great, but when I gassed up at the Flyin J, I saw storm clouds starting to move in. I decided to move on more quickly rather than taking a break that was longer.

I have been asked to post my mileage each day and for the trip. You guys have got to be kidding. I am the one person who does all breaks during a training by saying. "OK, be back when the big hand is on the 10." At first people feel that I am trying to demean them. I always tell them no, really, just because I can read and write doesn't mean that I can tell time. After they are done rolling their eyes and really watch me try to do such a demanding ridiculous task, they begin to realize that it's just not them at all--it truly is me.

Happy Trails, Marty

No comments: