Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Thursday March 1st

For a while, I thought that I had lost a day. It really bothered me, but then I realized that I was just kind of brain dead the first day I was here. Gee, I wonder why. I remember that we went out to eat yesterday at a pancake house and I remember that mom and I went to a place called Glicks.

Glicks is an interesting place. On one side is a canvas and salvage shop and the other side is probably best described as a clearance store, but it is targeted at hunting and camping. I looked at bags and a tent and t-shirts. I really liked the t-shirts that were $2.50 each and were in designs I liked. Now how often does that happen? LOL

The tent is needed because I broke a tent pole. It didn't shatter and is working somewhat well, but the problem is--what do I do when a storm brews up and it's raining cats and dogs--and the darn pole decides to stop working then. The one thing one can't do on a bike is ride when soaked and it is a trifle chilly. I learned that in Mississippi and had the wonderful chance to relearn it once again in Houston the other night.

Ahh, Houston, another stupid learning opportunity. LOL Note to self, make sure that you put your rain gear on the first instant you notice heavy fog.

I cut a pair of pants off into shorts and try to decide what to do about the rest of my clothes. Since I am heading back n0rth before the end of March, I can't just get rid of them, but then again--I don't have a lot of room.

Yesterday and today, I decided to sit back and relax. Try to figure out what the tempest is about and just how I got annialated by it. and it is a tempest in a teapot.

People email that they want the messages to stop and well in neither situation did I start sending the messages, so I can't stop them. KWIM? What does upset me is that I am being considered spam, which I go to great lengths to not do in my regular life, so being considered spam is extremely offensive.

I am going over to Corpus Christy this weekend and am going to enjoy looking around and speaking on Monday. I am so getting out of practice and I really can't afford that.

Happy Trails, Marty

No comments: