Sunday, March 9, 2008

Four More Sleeps

Four more sleeps and I will be on my way to DC, then back to Michigan to see what I can do to get my bike back on the road.

I'm tired, just totally exhausted. Being without my own transportation does that to me. Just the thought of their being someone around 24/7 or the thought of my wanting to go somewhere just to eat a hot dog and relax. Or shop for two hours to buy a pair of sandals.

Or to go to an outdoor gear store just to drool all over the new equipment.

My shoulders still ache from being rear ended. Or, it could be from the stress. I miss my regimented eating out. A hot dog and sauerkraut from Sam's Club. Tea from Barnes and Noble.

There is a Hastings Bookstore here and I won't be able to go to it and savor it. I might be able to go to it, but not to just sit and enjoy it. It's more like a--what do you want to pick up? I don't shop to spend all kinds of money. I enjoy that hot dog and sauerkraut just as much as others enjoy five star dining.

And I don't have to clean my plate. I think that and what I like to eat is what I miss the most. It's kind of like being with my daughter at her house and she says, well, you can cook, make me chicken stir fry. But there is no wok. there is no sesame oil. So if I try to cook chicken stir fry I end up with greasy, off tasting chicken and vegetables.

Or it it's like, you can do this--just use the microwave. At home I seldom use the microwave anymore. I don't think microwaved food is healthy.

Tonight we went to IHOP. It's a great place to take someone who is addicted to wheat. It is kind of like taking an alcoholic on a tour of the wine country. I did at least make sure that i had some protein to help me not have the intense reaction that I have when I eat sugar and wheat in combination, but I have been here long enough that the addiction has kicked back in.

While I am in DC, I will start to get my life back under control. Stop eating breads for breakfast and eat eggs and meat, hopefully with some veggies. And I'll drink a lot of water to try to wash the stuff out of my system.

The heck of it is that I would love to live down here, but need some different space. OK, LOA that living space. grin.

Yes, that is what I am working on. LOL

Marty

No comments: