Sunday, March 23, 2008

So, I went to BN to order the Book EZ66 and the map set

It's Easter Sunday here in Michigan. Easter came early this year so it's still cold as a witch's tit-I did tell you that while I was in Germany i got to go see the mountain that saying came from, right? So it's OK if I use it.

Matt came over and helped me put the bag racks and the new Sissy Bars on my Vulcan. It didn't take too long, but was much easier with four hands. He's just turned 14 and instruction has begun. Why don't you start it up, let it warm up and then back it out for me. I'd like to get a couple of rides in with him. He needs to take a MSF Course first, if Berta doesn't throw a fit. Hopefully she isn't following my blog, LOL.

Then I went to BN to order the damn book and they said, we can't order it for you, you need to get it yourself. Grrr. Here I am trying to hand them money and they say no. What's up with that?

I need to transfer money and order parts either later on today or tomorrow. I have decided to order different turn signals and to replace many of the parts that were damaged in the slide. Trying to decide just what I want to do is tough. It's going to get another 18,000 miles this year and that will bring it up to around 36,000 total, so I need to think about whether I want to keep it for 2009. First I make one decision and then I make another decision.

I plan on doing the ALCAN in 2009 and was thinking of getting a dual sport to do that. My 500 rides a little low. And it may be a little tired by then, since I am not the best at doing all the maintenance that it should get. I keep hoping that a knight or knightess in shining armour will show up and do all that shit.

OTOH, it's hell on people here right now and there will be some good deals on bikes. The unemployment rate doesn't show all of the people who are still looking and people need to sell. Many are priced more than I will pay, but some may come down. If I had a huge chunk of change, I would be more than happy to pay more, but right now, I don't have all that hanging together.

I am looking at an 800 or a 900, but do really like the 500. My oldest grandbaby is now taller than I am though and such a small bike is tough on him leg wise and butt wise. What will I do when he grows another foot this year, offer to cut out a couple of inches?

Today I cut material into six inch squares. It felt good to be able to do that. I hadn't been able to get connected with myself enough to get into crafting, at all. I am going to cut three or four pairs of jeans up to make gym/laundry bags. When I get back on the 5th or 6th of April, I want to make six or seven shopping bags and boot that material out of the door.

I am actually trying to cut down on the craft stuff in my house, but decided that part of the problem was that I just couldn't get started, so today I started. When I get back, I am going to put some stuff up for sale on Ebay and then upgrade some of my camping equipment. I need another decent pad to go under the sleeping bags, a fold flat bowl, some better helmets and a couple of pairs of new bike gloves. The kids seem to eat the goggles and the gloves, LOL.

I need to figure out how many miles are in the perimeter ride so I can start to jockey the time.

Love to ride.

Tomorrow I am staying home during the day and cleaning up the rest of the way. Then tomorrow night I am going to buy a desk that will be a good fit for me work wise. Sometime I should probably consider buying some furniture other than that, like a couch or chair to sit in and a mattress or bed might be nice, but so far, I am happy, just want a better desk to go in the living room. I am going to fire up the Toshiba and buy a big screen for it to hook up to so I can enjoy my work and have dual documents on the screen at the same time.

Then tomorrow I am going to meet a new friend at BN.


Happy Trails; Ride Safe,

Marty

No comments: