Saturday, March 22, 2008

Two Thousand Four Hundred and Forty Eight Miles

I got up this morning and went to breakfast at McDonalds. After reading for an hour or two ( a book about biking across the United States, well the pedal kind of a bike, LOL), I hopped on the bus and cruised on over to Wally World to pick up a new atlas.

Yep, now I really feel a road trip coming on. I tried not to feel it this strongly, but well, I failed. Roadtrips R Me.

It's actually a pretty short road trip from beginning to end. A couple of weeks, plus the time to return. Oh, and to hop up to Santa Barbara and sit on a mountainside for a day or two. So what I need will be three weeks of downtime.

Another interesting option would be to take the perimeter route home from there if I had enough time to hang things together. It's not like a perimeter ride is out of my way. I mean the Upper Peninsula isn't really out of the way, it's just a little bit north of here. I keep thinking about the perimeter ride. It's going to happen, I can feel both rides in my bones. And I'd love to visit both Washington and Oregon again.

I now have acquired the turn by turn directions for Route 66 and am trying to work out what my needs might be. I had thought seriously about not taking any cooking gear, but have decided to look at that twice. When one uses food as medication to treat any kind of an illness, one doesn't want to just decide to stop eating in a way that will help one feel well. Maybe if I gave up all my responsibilities.

Since I have gotten home and had a couple of days to recoup, I have gotten back to my eating and I feel much, much better. Of course that visit to my therapist helped a lot too. I came back home that day feeling well physically and mentally. So much so that I started cleaning my house up. It will be where I can write in a couple of days.

After I buy a desk. LOL I have no table and no place comfortable for me to write at. There is one that I like at Staples. I was shopping the other day.

Two hundred miles a day means that I could be finished with the route and the mountainside in two weeks. Then three or four days home; if I don't do the perimeter thing.

Guess I need to try to nail down the days to see if 200 mile days are going to give me the time to enjoy the trip like I want.

Yaaahoooo. gotta get a move on. Now all I have to do is figure out when to start the ride.

marty

No comments: