Sunday, January 21, 2007

Friday January 19

Ok, I didn't ever get on my bike to do the shopping so today at breakfast time, I went to get some cash out of the ATM and then decided to walk over to Shoneys. I had them call me a cab and then went to Walmart to go shopping. I told the cab driver that I would be out at exactly 9:57and to please return and pick me up.

I found a tent. It is a three/four man Ozark Trail. The only way that it would sleep three men is if they all lay on their sides in a spoon position. grin. I thought about it and then bought it.

Next, I debated over a sleeping bag. I finally decided on a 0* Ozark Bag. The other bag was really clammy when damp and decided uncomfortable. What a bummer that was.

My sleeping pad is sufficient. What else do I need? A decent first aid kit that is waterproof, a better option for opening cans and eating with, etc.

So I go to the Marine Section and find a first aid kit for $#@^&*^%. What's up with that?

Then I look around and decided to try a hobo tool. to fix the other problem.

I want a craft, so I decide on getting a counted cross stitch with a wolf on it.

I walk out at 9:58 and the cab driver isn't here and well, that's the way life goes. By the time he gets back, I can't figure out how to bungee all the new stuff to the bike so I can't leave. I do take the bike out later though.

I am thrilled that things are looking better. More hopeful.

Gotta go, we have to leave (it's Sunday and I am running behind as usual. Happy trails.Marty

No comments: