Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thursday January 18 still in Vicksburg

I decided to take it easy for another day as I think about what is happening to me that I don't like and what is happening to me that I do like.

The tent has to go. I need something much larger. And the sleeping bag needs to go. I need something much warmer. grin

I am not sure what else I want to change. It has been raining on and off all day today and I haven't felt like leaving my room. I did go to Captain D's for supper. It is a fast food joint that serves seafood. It is OK, but not awesome. I guess I had hoped for something more.

I have watched law and order and enjoyed a lot of other stuff that I couldn't without a TV. Even at home I didn't have a TV, but always did enjoy it when I was in a hotel room. I can see that I haven't changed that much. grin.

I still am not real motivated to go out and fire up the bike as I am tired of the rain. I did go onto ebay to look at some rain gear called Fogg Toggs and have decided to order a set. I just can't handle being soaked 24/7.

I don't mind being outside so much, just don't like to be wet. If I had rain gear, I not only can/could run around and enjoy the day, I wouldn't have to stay huddled in my tent.

Anyway, I am going to go back to the campground either tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully I will meet up with friends and make some new ones.

I like this hotel. It's a Comfort Inn. The breakfast isn't the greatest, but the staff are awesome, and extremely enjoyable.

Marty

2 comments:

blizzard said...

Although camping inthe winter with snow can be challenging staying dry is prefered. Wet and cold rain are no fun when doing anything. Dry and cold snowy bundled up are fine.Not to mention the flakes are quite pretty.
Law and Order isn't bad to sit back and watch, but you have to be careful it's available on cable many times a day. You might be a while before you ran into a repeat. Or then again a repeat might come along real soon as the great world of tv seems to go.
I watched a show once and didn't again for a year or so and then I just happened to tune in again and what do you know. A repeat.

Marty said...

Thanks for dropping by to comment.