Sunday, January 28, 2007

Saturday January 26 2007

I can't sleep in as I my mind is occupied with what I need to have happen in the In Our Own Voice Training. I kind of miss the training notebook that I usually use as I have taken notes in every training that I have done.

Comments other people have made that has and hasn't worked when they were presenters. Comments that offended people. Misspellings and what have now become typos. All that stuff.

I look at the agenda and realize that it has changed once again since I did a training. And I have to wonder why there aren't trainers calls anymore where these things are discussed. My training style is a little different from some others but the results speak for themselves.

My mind runs through the needs that I have heard and I think about how we need to come up with presenters who can change what presenter they are on the run, that people are looking for partners or are pairing up with people who went through the previous training so things need to match up well with what was done in the past.

I start to define how I need the training to look and what will be important to help people thoroughly understand, how to make sure people know that the conversation that occurs can be just as important if not more important than the presentations and how to steer the conversations that can take place by the questions you ask as the second person.

And I plan out what and how things will happen. Inch by inch, minute by minute.

Later--things went well today. I had a great time. This is an awesome group of people. I always enjoy the people that I meet when I am doing a training.

I miss my vulcan. It has stopped raining and I feel a need to ride. Instead I check out the prices of motorcycle trailers. Somehow it is just not the same thing.

Happy trails, Marty

No comments: