Friday, January 26, 2007

Thursday January 25, 2007

I couldn't sleep last night so I end up have a hard time getting up. I am never sure just why I move slower and slower when I am having a mental struggle, but I do.

Also, it's kind of interesting. I have an email asking me if I know of any drumming communities in New Jersey and that is where the person who was going to keep my bike was. Wierd, some of those coincidences, huh? I emailed them that I would try to see what I could find out.

My time today is spent finding NAMI Mississippi. It was a great experience for me to be in in a state office other than NAMI Michigan. It was really neat. There were four to five people there and all of them were great to talk to. NAMI Michigan doesn't have staff like that, they run on a literal shoestring. There is no money in the budget for people to run programs. It is not like that here. When I talk to people at NAMI Mississippi, they say things like "I am in charge of this or that program."

I wish that NAMI Michigan had people in charge of specific programs. That would mean that the programs would have more time to grow and someone to go to bat for them trying to get them adequately sponsored and distributed. It's not that Susan isn't awesome, she is, she just has too much to do.

Larry Swearingen (sp) the ED of NAMI Mississippi, let me put my Vulcan at his house. I enjoyed the ride a lot out to his home. It is in a beautiful area. Who am I kidding, I am finding all of Mississippi beautiful.

On the bus, I sit and ride. For a while I look out the window and think about where I am now compared to where I was a few months ago and where I want to be in a couple of years.

Things have been tough for me in the growing and learning department, but I wouldn't change it with anything else in the world. The hardest part of the trip is figuring out how to leave the bike to go to speak somewhere else. I have to figure that out better and get a better cash balance behind me so I am able to not have to depend upon circumstances so much.

I have been looking at different bike trailers that I might be able to tow behind my motorcycle. I want something lightweight that I can shut my stuff in, something that is fairly aerodynamic, and preferably something black as my bike is blue and black. (Always with an eye towards aesthetics.) I need something that will help the weight not come down on my right leg.

While travelling on the bus, I think about how much I miss my grandbabies and am thinking about seeing if I can get home for a couple of days to see them. I love them so very much. They are awesome. If I can get a cheap ticket then Berta might be able to pick me up. Maybe I could splurge on a hotel with a swimming pool and we could all have a great time for a bit. They all swim so incredibly well.

I get into Memphis and realize that where I am staying is just way too far from the downtown area that I want to be in and adjust my thinking to where I will be working on NAMI all day. Wow, what a thrill to be doing that. grin

Happy trails, Marty

No comments: