Monday, January 8, 2007

January 8, 2007

Today I lazed around hoping that it would warm up a little before I left. Well, that didn’t work. It was 32* and riding on my motorcycle made the wind chill factor, well-lower than I want to think about. Brrrrr.

So I slowly proceeded down Ohio on I-75. Out of Bowling Green, past towns named Findlay (which was flooded from the rains), Lima, Wapakoneta, Sidney, Piqua, Dayton and on down. I took the I-75 bypass to the west past Cincinnatti right as the sun was going down. It made the sky a beautiful pinkish red. I enjoyed it greatly.

After the sun went down, it started to get chilly again and I decided to look for a cheap hotel room. The cheap hotel room rates were Motel 6 and a Knights Inn. The Knights Inn was $7.95 cheaper so here I am at the Knights Inn in…

But what town am I in? I have no idea at the moment. Hmm. Ok, it’s now ten minutes later and I am not much better informed. There was a Directory of Knights Inn Hotels in the room. I looked up the address in the book under the hotels in Kentucky and can’t find it.

Oh, I found out where I am now. I am in Florence, Kentucky. In a way I wish that I was farther along, then the more I think about it, the more I know that I am exactly where I should be.

Today I just tooled along thinking (not often about NAMI, although I thought about some of the people I know from NAMI.) I called Val the Consumer Council Rep from Kentucky this morning asking her what the temperature was and she told me something like 32*. What’s up with that?? I am traveling south and it is supposed to be getting warmer. Thanks Val for all the good news you had to impart. Grin

Actually, Val and I talked for a bit about the affiliate development that her state is doing. It sounds great. So if you want to hear more about it, call the NAMI Kentucky State Office.

I thought about the people in my church who are holding me in their hearts as being safe and happy as I tool on down the road.

But mostly, I thought about how much fun I was having. How/what I am going to do to fix the luggage problem I am having and trying to keep the throttle under 70.

What’s interesting is that I really don’t want to stop to eat. I just want to ride on. And on. And on. I will stop to eat chili at Wendy’s and have a hot tea to warm up if necessary.

Happy trails, Marty

No comments: