Thursday, January 25, 2007

Monday January 22 Rocky Springs

I have come to the conclusion that the reason that Rocky Springs can never be revived is that there is absolutely no cell phone service that I can find for miles. I have tried calling at least seven times from all over the campground. No service or if I show service there is no connection or if I do possibly get one, I lose it really fast. I'll have to go in a day early.

I have to call the bank, when they upgraded the system they arbitrarily changed my password so I haven't been able to keep tabs on things. Why on earth would a business choose to do this when at least a third of their customers are travelling? I know that I am not the only snowbird. LOL

I am pretty stiff and sore today, probably from when I dumped my Vulcan. I tried to walk it off by walking all over the campground to see if I could find cell phone service. I was in a town yesterday but neither the bank nor cingular were working. sheesh.

There is a guy in the campgrounds who has a white Honda Goldwing in a trailer. He only will take it out when it is over 60* and there is not a cloud in the sky. Now, that is a great way to preserve a bike, but what about just having fun with it? Can someone only have fun if the temp is over 60?

It didn't rain as much today as it was supposed to. I am glad, but I should have gone sightseeing. I didn't because I didn't really want to get wet ;) Now I need to go tomorrow and explore and take pics of the stuff here are Rocky Springs and at Owen Creek since we didn't stop there on Sunday. It says there is a waterfall when it rains. And let's face it, it has been raining. grin.

I went over to Paul and Wendys to work crossword puzzles tonight. We ended up just talking. I probably overstayed my welcome, but the conversation with them is good. It flits from subject to subject.

I need to get some sleep tonight. Happy trails, Marty

No comments: