Tuesday, January 30, 2007

We really aren' t in Kansas any more


Just in case you don't believe that, here is the sign that tells me this is true.


Here is the bear wearing little Ruby Slippers.

Did I ever mention that I like to make Teddy Bears?


I really like the pic on the left. And I got to listen to Judy Garland a lot when I was a kid. My dad thought she was an awesome singer to the point where I still can hear the exact sounds to Johnny One Note. And my parents and I sat down together to watch the Wizard of Oz the first time it was on TV. (Ok, OK, I realize that I am dating my self.)










I don't have any ruby slippers. My granddaughters both loved ruby slippers, though.





Now the above sign just cracks me up. My other car is a broom. LOLLOLLOLLLOL I have someone who really should have that on their liscense plate. snicker.





And the sign that changes is awesome. (I am not going to share that with you, it is just too, too personal. But here's a great plate. My dad would die for it.


The scarecrow (above) and the tinman (below) are also absolutely awesome.



Don't ya just love them like I do? If not, take a couple of asprin and come back in a couple of days and the scenery will change. grin

Or you could just scroll down to the next pic.We are cruising down the road and I was asked if I was hungry or not and I said that I could go either way and was told there was a great place for Po'Boys just down the road and then was asked if I had ever eaten a po'boy. I said no, what were they?

They are a sandwich in a hard roll, and you can get them with shrimp or crawfish, etc. So here I go off to another new experience.

We are at a place called Obys in Brandon. Here is a pic of the sandwich and I tried their Gumbo. Did I ever mention that since I have been down here I have really learned to like Gumbo?

Then we started talking about something called King's Cake. I've gotta go but will had more later. HEre are a couple of pics just to get you started. m

m

1 comment:

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Judy Garland, there is an amazingly popular new group on Yahoo called THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE. The group features ultra rare audio files, photo's, lively discussions and more, the only thing missing is you!
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/