Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We Really Aren't in Kansas Anymore Part Two

This has been a really wonderful time for me. I have been able to spend time with Teri as friend. Her husband and son are just great. For those of you who are young, you can drive at 15 in Mississippi. So, go out, get a job, move here and drive early.



Now, back to the King Cakes. I was told that this kind, (a chocolate King Cake) is a fake. It's got to be an import from somewhere that's not real, (I'm thinking of a smart alec comment to insert here.) so be careful and watch out for the fake chocolate King Cakes--although they probably taste good.





Anyway, last night was so absolutely awesome. We went to Corky's Barbecue. (OK, it's not just that I have gotten to go out to eat that says it was a really wonderful time, the homemade lasagnae was great too.) LOL What a change from the Ramen Noodle Diet I am on when I camp.





this sign hung above the door at Corky's.



And here are a couple of interior shots. There is a band display above the lights. (I really should learn to better edit pics.)


And here is a pic of a signed race car hood, Dale Earnhardt in case you can't read it. The waitress said that a lot of people try to buy it. I really wasn't interested as I couldn't see just how I could get it to fit on the back of the bike.



This is another cool inside shot taken at Corky's. Ok, well, maybe y ou will have to use your imagination. Maybe I should have taken a class in Photography before I left home.

And here we are after our meal. Because I was taking pics, Teri boxed up my food and after the pic, I looked in the box and I realized that the potato salad (made with real sour cream was missing, totally delish, yum) was missing. I had carefully saved it to eat with my leftover barbecue. I of course gave Teri a hard time. grin


I took this one last pic and we headed out the door.

If/when you visit here, the best part is that there is no doubt when it is time to head up for bed. You come back from going to the restroom or getting another glass of tea and well, they make sure that you know it's time to go. (Since I was ill as a teenager, I may miss social cues, so this makes it really easy to figure out.)


Actually, the story is that they have a rather large "dawg" that they would rather didn't sleep on the furniture. Or that is what they told me. You can decide who's story is better.

Happy Trails, I have to move on to Baton Rouge and Tickfaw State Park. It's been great. Marty

No comments: